Looking for SI training courses?
Are you looking for SI training courses from third parties in addition to the NatSIP events listed below? See the Sensory Learning Hub Training Calendar...
Understanding the needs of children and young people with VI - Day 1
NatSIP, working together with the RNIB, is pleased to offer another presentation of our training course Understanding the needs of chilldren and young people with vision impairment. Booking for this course will open early in 2018.
|Date:||Wednesday 21 and Thursday 22 February 2018|
|Time:||10:00 - 15:30|
Royal National Institute of Blind People
|Booking:||Will open early in 2018|
This two‐day training course is for teaching assistants and other education professionals working with learners with vision impairment.
The cost of the two day course (including lunch and refreshments) is £100/delegate reduced to £50/delegate for NatSIP‐affiliated organisations.
- Rory Cobb, formerly CYP Lead at the RNIB, now chair of VIEW.
- Jackie Osborne (QTVI) recently retired VI team manager in Hertfordshgire for over 20 years.
- Understanding the population of learners with vision impairment
- Roles and responsibilities in supporting CYP with vision impairment
- The structure of the eye and how we see
- How vision is assessed
- Experiencing the effects of vision impairment
- How vision impairment impacts on development and learning
- Strategies for providing access to the curriculum
- Access to tests and exams
- ICT and communication tools used by children and young people with vision impairment
- Strategies for promoting social interaction
- Developing mobility and independence skills