Looking for SI training courses?
Are you looking for SI training courses from third parties in addition to the NatSIP events listed below? See the Sensory Learning Hub Training Calendar...
Understanding the needs of children and young people with MSI - Day 1
NatSIP, working together with Bradford Sensory Service, is pleased to offer a new 2-day training course Understanding the needs of chilldren and young people with multi-sensory impairment. Booking for this course will open early in 2018.
|Dates:||Monday 29 and Tuesday 30 January 2018|
|Time:||09:30 - 15:30|
The Midland Hotel
This two‐day training course is for teaching assistants and other education professionals working with deafblind/multi-sensory impaired children and young people in mainstream settings.
Kate Challis works as a specialist teacher for children and young people with multi‐sensory impairment as part of the Bradford Children’s Services Access and Inclusion
Bev Mars (NatSIP Associate) has worked in both local authorities and the voluntary sector with deafblind/multi‐sensory impaired children, and currently works as a SENCO in a mainstream primary school.
- An understanding of the basic causes and impact of deafblindness/multi‐sensory impairment
- Exploring how combined vision and hearing loss impacts on learning
- Recognising the impact of sensory integration difficulties on learners
- Strategies for developing communication skills
- Developing social and emotional interaction
- How to mange a classroom for a deafblind/MSI learner
- Provision and roles and responsibilities
The cost for the two day course including lunch and refreshments is:
- £50/delegate for NatSIP‐affiliated organisations.
Course places are strictly limited to 20, so early booking is advised.