NatSIP Working Day/HoSS Event Strengthening the sector in prepration for change
- Wed 4 10 2017 10:00 - 16:00
We are pleased to announce that a special combined NatSIP working day and annual HoSS event Strengthening the sector in preparation for change is now open for booking.
|Date:||Wednesday 4 October 2017|
|Time:||10:00 - 16:00|
This special combined NatSIP working day and annual HoSS event is is for Heads of Service, managers and members of specialist SI service providers, including those in SI settngs, VCS, agencies and organisations working together to secure better outcomes for children and young people with sensory impairment.
During the day:
- André Imich (SEND professional advisor at DfE) will bring us up‐to‐date with the latest information about impact and outcomes from the DfE
- Brian Gale (Director of Policy and Campaigns, NDCS), will give an update on funding
- Oxfordshire and London Borough of Wandsworth will present on SI service and school developments
- Updates from the sector will include short presentations from HoSS, BATOD, VIEW and NatSIP
- There will be dedicated networking time in the morning and over lunch
The cost of the day is £100/delegate reduced to £50/delegate for NatSIP‐affiliated organisations.
Delegates will be able to participate in two working groups during the day.
Working groups will include:
- Continuing SI professional development with Jackie Salter (University of Leeds)
- Demonstrating impact including the use of outcomes benchmarking with Nicky Ereaut (HoSS in Oxfordshire) and Lesley Gallagher (HoSS in East Riding of Yorkshire)
- SI technology with Caireen Sutherland (NatSIP Associate)
- SI mainstream training pack with Lindsey Rousseau and Bev Mars (NatSIP Associate)
- Funding clinic with Brian Gale (Special Education Consortium representative on DfE’s Schools and Academy Funding Group)
- Communication Support Workers with Martin McLean (NDCS)
- MSI curriculum with Heather Murdoch (Victoria School, Birmingham)
We look forward to seeing you there!