Workshop: Supporting the achievement of apprentices with sensory impairment
- Fri 17 11 2017 10:00 - 16:15
An interactive training day is for apprenticeship training provider staff.
Available on multiple dates
|Date:||Friday 17 November 2017|
Hilton Doubletree Hotel,
Who is this training day for?
This new, interactive, one‐day training course is for apprenticeship training provider staff to help you meet the needs of deaf/hearing impaired and vision impaired apprentices and fulfil your duties under the Equality Act 2010.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive resource pack and practical information on the following:
- Understanding the barriers young people with sensory impairments face on apprenticeships and how they can be overcome.
- Technology and support workers used by young people with sensory impairment.
- Funding for additional support.
- Assessing the needs of young people with sensory impairment.
- The latest policy developments.
Who is leading the day?
The day will be facilitated by Martin McLean from the National Deaf Children’s Society, and Jude Thompson, a qualified teacher of children and young people with vision impairment.
How much will it cost?
The event costs £50/delegate, reduced to £25/delegate for NatSIP‐affiliated organisations. The cost includes refreshments and lunch.
- Flyer about the day - Multiple dates
- Agenda for Manchester (London will have identical content and timings)
- Booking form for Manchester - 17 November 2017